In accordance with the Foreigners and International Protection dated 2013, foreign nationals may apply for residency permits, work permits and citizenship in Turkey once they fulfil the requirements.
If any foreigner wishes to apply for a Turkish residency permit:
- An online application form should be completed and an appointment arranged for the physical application.
- They should serve the deed copy of their houses and prove that they are living here. If they are not owner, they can still serve a rental contract approved by notary.
- Financial documents which can support that you can survive in Turkey, original passport and copy of the passport, 4 photos which are taken within 6 months, a valid health insurance and any other supporting documents should be served at the application.
The residence permit will typically be issued for a period of 6 months to 1 year and the person may apply and get a longer permit in his/her second or third application.
- If any foreigner wish to apply for work permit in Turkey:
- These permissions are obtained by the employer.
- The employee should have a residency permit valid at least for a period of 6 months in order to apply for a work permit.
- The work permit should be applied for online and all required documents should be uploaded to the system.
- If the person would like to establish his/her own company and apply to the work permit for him or herself, they should at least start to employ 5 people in their company.
- Work permit applications are not very simple and it is advised to check the ‘work permit evaluation criteria’ to keep up-to-date with the latest changes and rules.
Citizenship (Immigration Turkey via investment)
If any foreigner wishes to apply for citizenship in Turkey, they can select one of the options below to apply for a citizenship in Turkey. It is easier and quicker for a foreigner to make a successful application via investment opportunities which allows them to:
- Purchase a property worth at least 250,000 USD without selling it for a period of at least 3 years
- Deposit 500,000 USD in a Turkish bank and not to withdraw it for a period of at least 3 years
- Incorporating a company in Turkey with a capital of at least 500,000 USD payable prior to the incorporation.
Immigration Turkey: Official Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs briefing about Visas.