Company Formation in PortugalSearching for Company Formation in Portugal Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Accountants in Portugal
This service is available across Portugal
Who Is This Service For?
Given the elevated levels of bureaucracy and red-tape in Portugal, despite more recent efforts to address the issue, it makes sense to have English-speaking business and tax experts available to assist you with your business plans in Portugal.
Our comprehensive service will provide support and assistance - from the start-up phase through to ongoing tax-compliance and HR matters such as processing new employees and Social Security obligations.
What Does This Service Consist Of?
Our tax experts will assist you to set-up your business in Portugal including company name registration, Mercantile Registry operations and bank account set-up.
Limited Company Set-up Service
The Limited Company Incorporation and Tax Service package provides all of the assistance you will need to get set-up and operating in the quickest time possible in Portugal, and includes the following individual services:
- Creation of certificate of Incorporation and Registration with the Companies Registry
- Registration of Company with the AT (Autoridade Tributária e Aduaneira - Tax Authority)
- Registration of Company with the Portuguese Social Security system
- Recommendation on the most appropriate fiscal arrangement to ensure taxation levels are optimised
- Resolution of tax enquiries related to the industry sector of the company
- Maintenance of all legally required records (income, expenses, invoicing, assets)
- Completion and presentation of all required tax returns
- Company annual return (abbreviated accounts: balance sheet, profit and loss statement, annual report)
- Ongoing updates on any legislative changes affecting the area of the Company Activities
Ongoing Tax Compliance
In Portugal limited companies are required by law to produce annual accounts, a director's report (which has to include a true and fair view of the company’s affairs, the business trajectory and standing, as well as a list of principal - if any - risks that the company faces, the company’s likely future outlook amongst other matters).
The company is also liable for corporation tax.
Fees for this service are available upon request as it will vary according to the number of operations.
The Limited Company Incorporation and Tax Service is ideal for both single person and multi-director Limited Companies in Portugal.
Should you have employees then you will want to add the Fully Managed HR & Payroll Service. This service includes the following components:
- Initial Set-up according to client's requirements
- Production of Employee Payslips (printed at client site)
- Management & Payment of Employer & Employee Social Security Contributions
- Registration and Removal of Employees from Social Security system
Fees for this additional service are €25 per month for the first employee and €20 per additional employee. All prices are ex-IVA (@ 23%).
Our consultants are registered and regulated by the local official legal and/or Accounting Bodies as appropriate and speak fluent English. Therefore, you can be sure that you will obtain timely answers to any queries you may have, in a language that you understand!
For assistance with a company formation in Portugal, please use the contact button below.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.