Digital Nomad Visa in Spain

Searching for Digital Nomad Visa in Spain Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Lawyers in Spain

How clients rate our Digital Nomad Visa Service...

Advocate Abroad seeks client feedback to ensure continued high-quality service provision.
Very good service!
03 Nov 2023

Service Details

Digital Nomad Visa

This service is available across Spain

Who Is This Service For?

More and more non-EU citizens are taking advantage of the opportunity to live and work abroad, provided by the new Spain digital nomad visa

If you are a non-EU citizen and work for an employer located outside of Spain and are able to reach agreement with your employer to relocate and carry out your work in Spain, you can apply for the visa. 

If you are self-employed and at least 80% of your clients are located outside of Spain, you could be eligible to apply for the new visa.


  • Applicants must be able to demonstrate the existence of a real and continuous activity for at least one year in the company or group of companies with which the worker maintains a labour or professional relationship.
  • Accreditation proving that the employment or professional relationship can be carried out remotely
  • For applicants who are employees, documentation demonstrating they have been employees of the relevant company for at least 3 months prior to the application
  • For applicants who are employees, approval from the company to carry out their work remotely
  • In the case of self-employed workers, proof of a commercial relationship with one or more companies not located in Spain for at least the 3 months prior to the application


The digital nomad visa may be applied for either at the closest Spanish Consulate to the applicant or electronically at the Spanish Immigration department for Large Enterprises.

Once the visa has been approved, the applicant must register at their closest national police and immigration centre to obtain their residency permit.

Having obtained the visa and residency permit, for self-employed digital nomads, it is then necessary to register with the Spanish social security system and tax agency. In the case of employees, both the employer company and the employee must be registered with the social security system.


The Spanish digital nomad visa confers on those who apply via a Spanish consulate a 1-year residency permit, renewable and on those who apply via the Spanish immigration department of Large Enterprises, a 3-year residency permit, renewable. 

For applicants who are employees, there is the possibility to take advantage of the 'Beckham law' tax arrangements, whereby the digital nomad pays a flat rate of 24% tax on all income. Also, they are not required to pay tax on their worldwide income, which can amount to a considerable tax saving for those on a high income or with appreciable investments outside Spain.

What Does This Service Consist Of?

  • Verify you meet the economic income level requirements
  • Check that your employment contract meets the visa requirements
  • Assist with arranging required documentation including criminal record check and appropriate health insurance
  • Once the documentation has been reviewed, submission to the relevant department of the Spanish Immigration service or Consulate, according to your preference
  • Once the visa has been approved, assistance with appointments at the local Spanish police station for registration and delivery of the residency permit
  • Assistance with corresponding application by any family members 

Free Support Services Included

When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:

  • Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
  • Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
  • Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
  • Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
  • All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
  • Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
  • Continuous quality controls and reviews.

Why choose Advocate Abroad?