Who is this service for?
Anyone who does not have the right to reside in Turkey, and even those who may reside here legally, may consider it preferable to make an application for citizenship. Citizenship confers the right on the holder to reside and work in Turkey. Also, citizens have the right to vote as well as the plethora of rights typically conferred on citizens of a country.
Under the provisions of the Turkish Citizenship Law of 2009 (Law 5901) you may apply if you find yourself in any of the following groups:
- Either of your parents were Turkish
- You were born in Turkey
- You have lived in Turkey legally, for a minimum of 5 years
- You marry a Turkish citizen and you remain married for a period of at least 3 years
Please note that there do exist some special rules and limitations so you should discuss the matter with an immigration lawyer to make sure you are eligible.
- Advice and assistance to ensure the applicant has the required documentation and information (according to the basis upon which the application is made - see options above)
- Advice and assistance completing any application forms
- Accompany the applicant before the relevant government offices to process the application
- Arrange for payment of administrative fee
- Liaise with the appropriate government departments until such time as the application is approved and you may pick up your new Portuguese passport and identity card.