Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice in Spain
Encarnación has more than 20 years of experience working as a lawyer in Spain. She is specialized in Corporate Law, with a long-standing experience in Family Law, Immigration and Property Law. Her most notable qualities include excellent negotiating skills, her unwavering professionalism, and the knowledge that shes providing a top-notch, all-round legal service to each and every client.
- Alcala La Real
- Alicante City
- El Campello
- La Manga Del Mar Menor
- Las Palmas
- Los Cristianos
- Madrid City
- Malaga City
- Murcia City
- Orihuela Costa
- Playa Blanca
- Puerto Del Rosario
- Seville City
- Valencia City
Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice
Who is this Service for?
Negligence claims arise in a wide-range of scenarios in modern law. In general a negligence claim will arise where loss, damage or injury has been suffered as a result of an action – or failure to act – by another party (individual, company, local authority etc.) that owe a duty of care towards the person who has suffered the loss, damage or injury.
What does this service consist of?
- Initial assessment by a specialist lawyer of the circumstances of the case to determine if a duty of care was owed and if an action for damages may be taken
- Undertake negotiations with the negligent party and/or their legal representatives
- Agree an amicable resolution with the payment of damages or initiate legal proceedings
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.