Forced Property Sale in PortugalSearching for Forced Property Sale in Portugal Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Lawyers in Portugal
"My lawyer was a Godsend. Trustworthy, diligent, knowledgeable, punctual (when answering emails), persistent, and sincere are adjectives I would use. I wholeheartedly recommend getting in touch if you need a legal representative."
"Our lawyer was very responsive and responsible. My emails and what’s app messages were never ignored. Sometimes the replies arrived in minutes. The lawyer was very nice, informative and advised us the best. I highly recommend Advocate Abroad for any legal issues."
"My lawyer was quickly available, gave very helpful and professional advice, and charged very fairly. I still intend to get in touch again should the occasion arise."
"Very professional and friendly service and unseen dedication. Recommendation from the bottom of my heart!"
"What can I say? Our lawyer has been absolutely fantastic! Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and professional and I would highly recommend to anyone."
"My experience with Advocate Abroad has been great! Absolutely fantastic service that I will be recommending to all my friends!"
"My lawyer was fantastic. A very difficult, painful and chaotic process very made smooth and quick. I would highly recommend. Thank you!"
"My lawyer was most helpful and polite and did a first class job. I would highly recommend this firm for any legal issues in Spain. Regards Michael."
"We were provided with excellent professional service at all times. We are delighted with the service provided. Many thanks!"
"My lawyer from Advocate Abroad was completely professional from the first contact all the way through to the end of the service."
"I had tried before and failed with a different lawyer. I’m so glad I reached out to Advocate Abroad, and they recommended the right lawyer. I recommend 100%!"
"My lawyer - through extraordinary efforts - ensured everything was done for me and on several occasions during this process went the extra mile. I also received 1st class aftercare also. Exceptional value for money!"
"Our lawyer was very thorough and explained everything well. Probably the quickest responses I have ever had from a lawyer! Highly recommended."
"My attorney was fantastic - a difficult job was made to be straightforward. I would recommend this service to anyone!"
"Very attentive, fast response, professional and good results!"
"My lawyer organised everything: making the appointments and accompanying me to the appropriate offices.....I was very satisfied, and so I sought advice on other legal and business matters."
"Our lawyer from Advocate Abroad delivered a great service - very professional! I would definitely use the service again and would recommend to anyone looking for a good lawyer."
"Our lawyer was efficient, clear, timely and exceptionally helpful. We would recommend this respectable solicitor who has excellent English. Trustworthiness is so important, thank you!"
"Very experienced and professional. Could not do enough to help us with the matter in hand. Would recommend this lawyer to everyone. Great service thanks!"
"My lawyer was very helpful and went above and beyond to try to help me in my situation as I needed it to happen as fast as possible. Even whilst my lawyer was on holiday, we kept in touch and made things happen. Would definitely recommend!"
10 years ago
Forced Property Sale
Available in the following locations: Aveiro, Castelo Branco, Faro, Lisbon, Porto
* If your local town is not listed, a lawyer from our nearest office will be happy to assist you.
Who Is This Service For?
A common problem faced by separating couples is, what to do with the foreign holiday home.
Sometimes the couple decide to put the property in the name of one, while the other takes an equivalent property elsewhere.
On other occasions, agreement is not possible, and one co-owner wishes to divest themselves of an asset that they maybe they no longer use. However, without the agreement of their co-owner, this is complex. A forced sale is possible, but expensive.
What Does This Service Consist Of?
- Initial discussion with an English-speaking lawyer specialising in property law to determine the co-owners specific situation and advice on the options available
- Attempt negotiation with the other co-owner to try to reach an agreement to sell the property, it being in everyone’s financial interest
- Upon failure to reach agreement, legal proceedings can be initiated to obtain a Court Order to force a sale of the property at public auction
- A public auction is to be avoided as a very low bid can potentially take the property – potentially by the other co-owner - which is why we recommend that your lawyer attends the auction on your behalf to monitor the auction.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.