Non-Lucrative Visa in SpainSearching for Non-Lucrative Visa in Spain Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Lawyers in Spain
How clients rate our Non-Lucrative Visa Service...
24 Jul 2023
This service is available across Spain
Who Is This Service For?
This visa - known in Spanish as the 'visa no lucrativa' - meaning it is not suitable for those who wish to work in Spain, can nevertheless be a very interesting option for non-EU citizens – including British citizens (post-Brexit) – who wish to reside in Spain.
If you are earning more than €2,400 Euros on a monthly basis (whether based on a pension or any other kind of regular income) you can apply for residency in Spain – though please note, for non-working purposes only.
If more than one person is applying for a non-lucrative visa in Spain (for instance you intend to come with your spouse/partner and children) the income required will increase by approximately €600 per month for each additional member.
You can also apply even if you do not have regular income, but simply have deposit/s in bank account/s over that amount during the time of residency, so over €30,000 for 1 member and an additional €7,200 for each additional member.
The visa duration is for one year initially, renewable on a 2 yearly basis, until such time as you have spent 5 years resident in Spain, when you can request a permanent residency permit.
- Sufficient Income: Demonstrating financial stability is crucial, with a minimum monthly income requirement. As of 2023, it's equivalent to 4 times the IPREM (€2,400 per month) for the main applicant and an additional €600 per month for each family member.
- Private Health Insurance: Applicants must have private health insurance or the S1 medical certificate for British pensioners.
- Clean Record: No criminal record in the home country or Spain.
- Not Living in Spain: Applicants must not currently reside in Spain without legal basis.
- Schengen Eligibility: Must not be prohibited from entering the Schengen area.
The process of obtaining a non-lucrative visa involves several steps:
- Complete Forms: Start by filling out the national visa form and the non-lucrative visa application form (EX-01).
- Submit Documentation: Gather required documents, including a valid passport, a passport-style photo, criminal record check certificate, health insurance proof, a medical certificate, proof of residence, and more.
- Visa Appointment: Schedule an appointment at your nearest Spanish consulate to submit your application and pay the €10.83 visa fee.
- Interview and Decision: Await a decision, which typically takes 3 months. The consulate may extend this time or call you in for an interview.
- Visa Collection: If approved, collect your visa within one month.
- Apply for TIE: Once in Spain, apply for the Spain TIE card within one month.
- Expert Guidance: With the assistance of an experienced English-speaking immigration lawyer, you'll have access to expert knowledge and guidance throughout the entire visa application process. This reduces the risk of errors and increases the chances of a successful application.
- Tailored Advice: Lawyers can assess your unique circumstances and financial situation to provide personalized recommendations. They can help you determine the most suitable visa category and ensure you meet all requirements.
- Streamlined Application: Legal professionals can help you navigate complex paperwork, ensuring that all necessary documents are properly completed and submitted. This minimizes delays and potential rejections.
- Problem Resolution: In case of any issues or challenges during the application process, your lawyer can proactively address them, increasing your chances of a smooth and successful application.
- Compliance Assurance: Lawyers will ensure that you adhere to all legal requirements, including tax obligations and any changes in immigration policies, providing peace of mind and helping you maintain your legal status in Spain.
What Does This Service Consist Of?
- Advice and assistance from an experienced immigration lawyer to ensure the applicant has the required documentation and information
- Complete the application request on your behalf
- Assistance with arranging approved health insurance
- Arrange for payment of administrative fee
- Accompany the applicant to the appointment with the relevant government department to collect the visa once approved
- Accompany the applicant to collect the TIE (foreigner’s identification card)
- Assist with renewal of the visa after years 1, 3 and 5 (billed separately, as required)
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.