- María JoséMaria-Jose read Law at the University of Alicante, and in 2004 became a member of The Law Society of Murcia. In 2005 she established her own law firm with offices in the centre of Murcia and has since then opened an office in Mazarron. Maria-Jose is the Secretary of the Civil Section in the Law Society of Murcia and is a leading member of the legal community in Murcia, Maria-Jose assists clients with property acquisitions and disposals as well as a full range of civil law matters such as inheritances and family law matters. She speaks English fluently
Below is a list of recent client testimonials received from previous clients, obtained via Wufoo client survey platform:
- David Gough, Villamartin,Wednesday, October 18, 2017We found Carmen to be very approachable and professional - she guided us all the way through the process of buying our property always available to answer our many questions either by phone or email. ...
The cost of this service was very reasonable and after the sale was complete she then went on to complete our Spanish wills expertly guiding us through the Spanish inheritance laws.
We would not hesitate to use her services again in the future or to recommend her to friends.
- David Bird, EnglandThursday, September 21, 2017Our lawyer Carmen was absolutely fantastic in everything. Brilliant!
- Karl Deeter, IrelandMonday, July 31, 2017Carmen is responsive, able to answer complex questions and even collected the keys on a day when my flight was arriving too late for me to do it.
I was really impressed with her dedication to doin...g the job right and in a timely manner. Buying abroad comes with lots of questions and complexities, she guided me through them all with detailed information along the way.
I have dealt with many solicitors in different countries through the years of buying and selling property and she is amongst the best I have found anywhere.
- Terry Cheyne, TorreviejaSaturday, April 15, 2017Carmen was so helpful, best lawyer we have ever had. I would definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Kate Foley, IrelandWednesday, April 05, 2017She always replied to queries promptly and was happy to work via email which was very convenient for me.
She was very thorough in translation of all legal documents and never rushed me to complete... anything without ensuring I was 100% happy with it.
- W Wakefield, EnglandWednesday, February 08, 2017The service was excellent. Carmen, the lawyer, was very approachable, helpful and explained the issues very clearly. First class.
- Stuart Hayter, DublinTuesday, February 07, 2017Carmen was very helpful, listened to what we wanted.
Carmen’s approach was friendly and informative, we have advised other people of Carmen and advised that they should seek advice & help from he...r practice, very good value for money.
Dealing with Carmen was very professional and a joy.
- Lorraine Booty, TorreviejaTuesday, September 13, 2016Carmen provided a very efficient and immediate service. We would definitely use the service again.
When domestic issues cannot be resolved within the home in a friendly positive atmosphere it may be necessary – and advisable – for the parties to resort to Spanish family law to resolve differences in a fair and orderly manner.
While for many family law is considered to equal divorce proceedings, the reality is that divorce is just a small subsection of family law and finds it’s place alongside matters such as adoption, premarital agreements, paternity and child support.
Should you find that you need to resort to family law to resolve familial matters in Murcia, a compassionate and knowledgeable international family lawyer will be most advantageous. The family lawyers found at Advocate Abroad®, are admitted to practice before courts all over Spain and are able to assist all of our clients during their most difficult times.
What divorce services will your lawyer offer?
Your lawyer will be able to offer any of the following services:
• Filing of the divorce petition to the Spanish Courts
• Formal legal response upon receipt of a petition for divorce
• Negotiation of all terms of the divorce settlement
• Drafting of the divorce agreement
• Division and distribution of Matrimonial Assets
What issues will your lawyer address?
Your experienced family lawyer will advise you on the following issues as required:
• Custody of the children
• Visitation rights of the non-custodial parent
• The ‘Patria Potestad’ or Exercise of parental authority
• Child support payments
• Alimony or spousal maintenance
• Distribution of the matrimonial assets
• Use and enjoyment of the marital home
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Murcia.
Innovative Support Services
By choosing a lawyer on the Advocate Abroad network you will benefit from additional protection afforded by our innovative support services that are included free of charge. These support services include:
1. Verification that your lawyer is Law Society registered and regulated.
2. Fees set within the parameters established by the relevant Law Societies.
3. Legal fees specified in advance.
4. Services to be provided in accordance with up-front service agreement.
5. Assurance that all lawyers possess professional indemnity insurance.
6. Lawyers’ standards of English reviewed individually by myAdvcocate Spain.
7. Continuous quality controls and reviews.
8. Low cost legalisation service.