Restraining Orders in SpainSearching for Restraining Orders in Spain Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Lawyers in Spain
This service is available across Spain
Who Is This Service For?
Domestic violence can be especially difficult when it occurs in a foreign country, since the victim may not have the support of extended family or understand the system of state support due to language difficulties.
Our legal services cater to individuals in need of obtaining a restraining order in Spain, commonly referred to as "orden de alejamiento" or "orden de restricción".
Typically, this service is sought by individuals who have been victims of harassment, threats, or domestic violence, among other criminal offences.
Our assistance aims at alleviating the distress associated with such experiences by facilitating a legal pathway to secure a restraining order, which mandates the perpetrator to maintain a specified distance from the victim, their workplace, home, or any other frequented places, thereby offering a sense of security and reprieve.
What Does This Service Consist Of?
- An initial discussion with an English-speaking lawyer, specialised in this area of the law, so that they lawyer is able to understand your current situation and provide you with information on your options
- Making an application for a restraining order as well as any other order that may be required in the circumstances.
- Ongoing representation in future proceedings such as separation, divorce, including resolution of child maintenance/visitation obligations/rights.
To be eligible for the restraining order service, the law in Spain mandates that:
- A formal complaint accusing a perpetrator of a crime against the person seeking the restraining order must be lodged.
- Sufficient evidence supporting the complaint must be provided.
- The offences leading to the request for a restraining order should fall under certain categories as stipulated by Article 57 of the Spanish Criminal Code, such as threats, harassment, or other crimes against personal freedom.
The procedure to obtain a restraining order in Spain involves:
- Filing a formal complaint against the alleged perpetrator.
- Providing sufficient evidence to substantiate the complaint.
- The court then reviews the evidence and decides whether to issue a restraining order, either as a precautionary measure during the judicial process or definitively post-trial, based on the severity of the offence.
Securing a restraining order through our services will ensure:
- Legal protection from potential harm or harassment by maintaining a mandated distance between the victim and the perpetrator.
- Peace of mind knowing that the law enforces the restraining order.
- Enhanced safety, especially in cases of domestic violence, as Spanish legislation imposes a restraining order by default in all guilty verdicts related to domestic violence
What Does This Service Consist Of?
Our comprehensive service involves:
- Initial consultation to understand the client's situation and gather necessary evidence.
- Filing the necessary paperwork to initiate the restraining order process.
- Representing the client in court hearings and liaising with the judicial system to ensure the restraining order is granted and enforced.
- Providing counsel and support throughout the process, ensuring the client is informed and supported every step of the way
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.