Convert Student Visa to Working Visa in Spain

Searching for Convert Student Visa to Working Visa in Spain Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Lawyers in Spain

How clients rate our Convert Student Visa to Working Visa Service...

Advocate Abroad seeks client feedback to ensure continued high-quality service provision.
Very good service!
03 Nov 2023

Service Details

Convert Student Visa to Working Visa

This service is available across Spain

Who Is This Service For?

A popular option for those who have spent at least three years in Spain in full-time education is to apply to convert their visa for educational purposes to one that enables them to reside and work here. 

There are effectively two options – to live here and accept an offer of employment, or to live here and set up your own business. 

An interesting alternative, for those who have completed a high level of studies (Masters/PHD level) would be to apply for a one-year visa to search for employment. 

This service is tailored for individuals living in Spain under a study visa who wish to transition to a working visa. Typically, these individuals have completed their studies, research, training, or internships and are seeking employment opportunities in Spain. 

The common challenges faced by those undertaking the Spain student-to-working-visa conversion include navigating through the complex legal and bureaucratic processes, understanding the specific requirements, and ensuring all documentation is correctly prepared and submitted.


To use this service, you must have successfully completed your studies, research, training, or internships in Spain and have an employer willing to hire and sponsor your Spanish working visa. 

You must not be prohibited from entering Spain and lack criminal records in Spain or in previous countries of residence for the last five years.

Additionally, you should be able to present a signed employment contract and ensure that both you and your employer can meet the financial and regulatory obligations stipulated by Spanish law. 


  1. The application process starts when the employer submits an application form (EX-03) and other required documentation, such as a copy of your passport and proof of your qualifications.
  2. The application for a working visa in Spain must be submitted to the Foreigners' Office of the province where you will be working.
  3. If approved, you must affiliate and register with Social Security within a month of notification.
  4. Subsequently, you must personally request the Foreigner Identity Card at the Foreigners' Office or Police Station of the province where the authorization has been processed.
  5. The entire process to convert a student visa to working visa in Spain is subject to various administrative fees and must adhere to specific timelines to ensure validity.


  1. Engaging the services of our English-speaking immigration lawyers in Spain, ensures that you navigate through the Spanish visa conversion legal procedures smoothly, with all nuances addressed professionally.
  2. We facilitate clear communication, ensuring that you fully understand each step of the process and any implications.
  3. Our expertise allows us to foresee potential challenges and address them proactively, providing you with a seamless experience converting your study visa to a working visa in Spain, thereby enabling you to embark on your professional journey in Spain without legal hindrances.

What Does This Service Consist Of?

  1. Initial Visa Conversion Consultation: Understanding your specific situation, needs, and objectives.
  2. Student to Working Visa Documentation Assistance: Helping you gather, prepare, and submit all necessary documents.
  3. Application Submission: Assisting in submitting the application form and additional documentation to the relevant authorities.
  4. Legal Guidance: Providing legal advice throughout the process, ensuring all actions comply with Spanish law.
  5. Communication with Authorities: Acting as a liaison between you and Spanish authorities, managing all correspondence.
  6. Follow-up: Ensuring that all subsequent steps, such as registration with Social Security and obtaining the Foreigner Identity Card, are completed accurately and timely.
  7. Ongoing Support: Offering support even after the visa transition, ensuring your settlement and employment commence smoothly.

Free Support Services Included

When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:

  • Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
  • Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
  • Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
  • Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
  • All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
  • Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
  • Continuous quality controls and reviews.

Why choose Advocate Abroad?