Mortgage Disputes in Turkey
- BurcuMs. Burcu’s legal practice focuses on assisting both local and foreign clients and firms, in a wide range of legal areas which include both consultancy and litigation.Having previously received a Bachelor of Science degree (with honours) in Management and Marketing from the University of Manchester and also having qualified in translation, Burcu is fluent in English and has a deep understanding of English culture. As a consequence, she has helped and litigated numerous matters on property and inheritance law, and has been able to meet the special requirements of every individual client.Prior to studying and practicing law, Burcu started her career as an advisor in multiple international property agencies located in the South of Turkey. This enabled her to be sharp and efficient in conveyancing law. Burcu is higly experienced and has successfully represented clients in all aspects of offensive defensive accident-compensation cases. Burcu understands that Turkish Law can be confusing for expats with local partners. She has assisted many expats in overcoming complex family matters. Before returning to her hometown of Fethiye and establishing her own law office, Burcu worked in numerous leading law firms in İstanbul advising and litigating for some of the most respected, international companies which widened her understanding of company law. Since then she has had many happy clients.Visit profile page
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.