Family Card (Community Card) in SpainSearching for Family Card (Community Card) in Spain Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Lawyers in Spain
Family Card (Community Card)
This service is available across Spain
Who Is This Service For?
The family reunification visa in Spain service is tailored for non-EU family members of EU citizens or legally resident non-EU citizens in Spain who wish to join their family members and obtain legal residency in Spain.
These family members can include spouses, children, and parents, as long as they meet specific eligibility criteria. If you are a non-EU family member seeking to reunite with your EU citizen or legally resident non-EU citizen relative in Spain, this service is for you.
This can be a very interesting option for British citizens – post-Brexit – if either partner has access to an Irish or other EU passport, by virtue of having a parent or grandparent who was born in an EU country.
To benefit from this service, you must meet specific requirements based on your relationship with the EU citizen or legally resident non-EU citizen family member:
Spouse or Equivalent Partner: You must be legally married or in a registered partnership with the EU citizen or legally resident non-EU citizen. Unmarried partners may also qualify if you can prove a stable and continuous cohabitation relationship before the family member settled in Spain.
Children: Children, including adopted children, must be under the age of 18 or have disabilities that prevent them from self-sufficiency due to their health.
Parents: Parents of the EU citizen or legally resident non-EU citizen, or their spouse, can qualify if they are over the age of 65, under the care of the family member, and can provide substantiated reasons for needing residence in Spain. In exceptional cases, parents under 65 may also be permitted for humanitarian reasons.
The process for family reunification involves several steps:
Application: The EU citizen or legally resident non-EU citizen family member in Spain must initiate the application process for family reunification at the nearest visa application centre or the foreigner's office/police station handling immigration matters.
Required Documents: You will need to provide various documents, including a completed National Visa Application Form, a valid passport, a recent passport-sized photograph, the Initial Family Reunification Permit issued by Spanish authorities, a residence card of the EU citizen or legally resident non-EU citizen, a criminal record check certificate (if applicable), a medical certificate, and documents establishing your family relationship (marriage certificate, birth certificates, etc.).
Fees and Processing Time: The fees for the application vary depending on your country of origin, typically ranging from $50 to $150. The processing time may vary, but it usually takes around 2–3 months to complete the application process and receive authorization.
By engaging this service, you can benefit from the following advantages:
- Legal assistance and guidance through the complex process of family reunification in Spain.
- The ability to live and work in Spain as a family member of an EU citizen or legally resident non-EU citizen without the need for a separate work visa
- Preservation of your residency rights even in cases of divorce or separation (subject to specific conditions) and the possibility of acquiring permanent residency in Spain.
What Does This Service Consist Of?
This service involves the following activities to help you obtain legal residency in Spain as a non-EU family member of an EU citizen or legally resident non-EU citizen:
- Legal consultation and assessment of your eligibility for family reunification.
- Assistance with the completion of the National Visa Application Form.
- Guidance on gathering and preparing all required documents, including passports, photographs, and certificates establishing family relationships.
- Assistance with obtaining the necessary permits and documentation from Spanish authorities.
- Communication with visa application centres or foreigner's offices on your behalf.
- Legal representation and support throughout the application process, including addressing any issues or challenges that may arise.
- Regular updates on the status of your application and estimated processing times.
- Ensuring that you understand your rights and obligations as a family member of an EU citizen or legally resident non-EU citizen in Spain.
- Continued legal support, including assistance with renewal procedures, if applicable, and guidance on acquiring permanent residency in Spain when eligible.
This legal service aims to simplify the complex process of family reunification for non-EU family members, ensuring that you can legally reside and enjoy the benefits of living in Spain with your EU citizen or legally resident non-EU citizen family member.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.