- EmmaEmma is a registered and regulated Spanish lawyer with offices in Cataluña. For the last 10 years she has provided expert legal advice to English-speakers in matters relating to Property Law & Conveyances, Contract Law, Negligence, Family Law and Immigration.
- Chris Jones, CambrilsTuesday, February 06, 2018Regardless of the situation Emma, looked for the best possible way to assist under the circumstances. Emma was very approachable and professional.
- Gearóid Foyle, LondonFriday, January 12, 2018Emma was bilingual, helpful and always happy to assist. In particular, I appreciated her approachability and understanding. I would definitely use her services again.
- JF, UKFriday, October 30, 2015Emma was extremely knowledgeable, efficient and supportive throughout a complicated Spanish property sale, while I was based in the UK. A good price for a very professional service.
- Michael Burke, Abu DhabiThursday, August 20, 2015Emma could not have been more responsive, she help me in more ways than I could have expected. I would recommend her to any of my friends that need legal representation.
She is very knowledgeable a...nd responsive to her client needs. In addition her fees were reasonable and she went out of her way to help me with my real estate purchase.
- Robert Jasso, PalafrugellThursday, June 25, 2015Emma was very professional. She explained the legalities of our will and what to expect before we met with the Notary.
This was of great service to us. She is very approachable and is very client ori...ented.
We would want to use her again.
- John, BarcelonaSunday, March 15, 2015We were put through to a lawyer called Emma and her English was excellent and I found her to be very very friendly and helpful.
She charged me a very reasonable amount for her time and effort and I... would strongly recommend her to anyone looking for a English speaking Spanish Lawyer.
- Terry Herbert, TarragonaFriday, January 09, 2015I have worked with attorney’s in the USA and the UK and can honestly say that the service that Emma and Albert have provided has been the best I have ever received from any attorney. The were extre...mely helpful and patient in dealing with our case.
I would have no hesitation in strongly recomending them to anyone seeking immigration help.
- Clare Gardner, DevonTuesday, September 02, 2014My lawyer Emma was extremely helpful and couldn’t have done more for me. Her English was more or less fluent.
I am lucky to have found her and I would definitely use her services again. She was b...rilliant in every way!
- G L, Benissanet, TarragonaFriday, July 18, 2014Emma was very professional and took great care to check everything and explain everything to us. She always responded promptly and made sure she was aware of all relevant facts. Fees were very reasona...ble for the service offered, especially when compared to others in the area providing a similar service.
We were confident enough to use Emma again when we needed legal help on a different matter.
- Hanna, TarragonaSaturday, March 29, 2014Since I am a foreigner, I can’t speak Spainish. My law firm provided me two lawyers – one speaks English very well and the other one is the expert in my case.
They answered me very quickly, and... handle my case in a very efficient way. Cannot find a better lawyer in Tarragona.
When a death occurs, the assets of the deceased require distribution and there are many issues to be addressed and administrative obligations involved. Of course, if there are Spanish assets involved then these obligations relate to the Spanish inheritance process.
Our English-speaking solicitors will ensure that the transmission of the estate to the beneficiaries is managed in a sensitive, efficient and cost-effective manner. Should you be planning the distribution of an estate, our lawyers will be happy to advise you on the most tax efficient method. If you are planning for the future we can assist with drafting your last Will and Testament, in both English and Spanish.
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm is particularly suitable for managing those inheritance issues faced by non-resident beneficiaries, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result. Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Tarragona.
This Probate Service is designed specifically with the English-speaking client in mind and makes provision for all possible situations. The service includes the following features as well as continuous support from English-speaking lawyers:
- Assistance obtaining a legalised copy of the death certificate.
- Arrangement of a legal copy of any existing will.
- Verification of the existence of any life insurance policies.
- Power of Attorney to avoid excessive travel costs
- Inheritance Acceptance Deed drawn-up with the public notary.
- Payment of Inheritance Tax at the office of Hacienda.
- New titles in the inherited assets are inscribed in the relevant registry
- Simultaneous sale or disposal of assets if required (please request quotation)
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain. These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.