- RosaRosa is an experienced English-speaking lawyer in Mallorca and provides expert legal advice and assistance in the following legal areas: Property conveyances, Inheritance, Family, Criminal, Business, Employment and Tax law.
Below is a list of recent client testimonials received from previous clients of this law firm, obtained via the Wufoo client survey platform:
- Liezl Pulido, PhilippinesMonday, April 23, 2018Rosa never stopped working very hard, she went way above what she needed to do...she never gave up on me and always did more than I thought anyone would.
I am so blessed I got Rosa to help me I co...uldn't have gotten a better lawyer she's the best.
Thank you Rosa from the bottom of my heart you are a wonderful person, I am so grateful to you.
- L Marshall, LondonWednesday, March 28, 2018Rosa was excellent. Very efficient and professional.
Responsive and always available. Extremely helpful - we did not understand the process and she guided us through.
We would not hesitate to ...recommend her.
- Robert Davies, MallorcaMonday, March 12, 2018Very supportive and clear on producing a suitable divorce settlement. Efficient, understanding and professional.
- A.Kavanagh, GlasgowFriday, March 09, 2018Rosa was exceptional at helping me setting up my business abroad.
This was a big move for me and Rosa fully explained everything to me in detail so I had a full and clear understanding of the lega...l side of things as well as always promptly responding to any emails or questions I had.
I couldn’t of asked for a better lawyer and I would 100% recommend Rosa to anyone who is deciding to move abroad.
Great service could not be happier.
- Patrick Martel, CanadaWednesday, March 07, 2018For being in another country and all our back and forth communicating over emails .. I thought Rosa did a brilliant job. Thankfully she was able to help where no one else was willing ..
- Robert Scott, UKWednesday, March 07, 2018First class service. Rosa's professionalism, advice and patience were all exemplary! Keep up the good work. Will certainly recommend the service to friends!
- Tamara Malcolm, MallorcaTuesday, February 20, 2018Rosa was and is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Her advice was excellent and i will definitely be using her expertise again in the future.
- Andrew Bullen, UKFriday, February 16, 2018Rosa was very professional at all times when dealing with me. Her English was second to none and she always kept me informed of progress via email promptly.
I wouldn't hesitate to use Rosa in the ...future for any legal issues I have.
- Keith Round, La Herradura, SpainMonday, February 12, 2018The advice provided was clear, easy to follow and allowed me to secure the required documentation from the Spanish Authorities quickly.
Rosa was very proactive in following up when I was delayed in... providing inputs and always delay with any questions promptly.
I would not hesitate to recommend Rosa to friends and colleagues and I would use her again in the future
- SAG, Palma de MallorcaThursday, January 18, 2018Rosa was extremely helpful and really couldn't have done more. Will definitely use her services again.
- Tim Burley, MallorcaFriday, December 15, 2017A very strange phenomenon with lawyers in Spain - she was working for me rather than just trying to line her own pockets!
- Sarah Jane Kacomba, FatnhamThursday, December 14, 2017She was available almost every time I needed her, she responded to my request and promptly.
She went above and beyond for my case and I couldn’t have done it without her help, a very complex leg...al jurisdiction.
- Nigel Griffiths, UKWednesday, November 29, 2017My situation was complicated because the correct documentation was not done at the time of sale....
Rosa contacted the purchaser and arranged to receive all the information required to submit to th...e Spanish authorities.
Without Rosa, whose understanding of English (which was perfect),I would have had serious problems.We were kept informed at all stages of the process, by phone and e-mail.
I cannot recommend Rosa to highly,...she was fantastic.
Thank you Rosa.
- Arthur & Patricia Chamberlain, Palma de MallorcaFriday, November 17, 2017Rosa understood what we wanted and carried out our instructions very professionally. Gave us confidence in her abilities.
- Bruce Moore, United KingdomTuesday, October 31, 2017Complete confidence and removed any hassle from the process. Even better was the willingness to provide follow up support and guidance. A great service!
- Graham & Josephine Flinders, UKThursday, October 26, 2017Rosa is a excellent lawyer and a extremely nice person, very efficient and helped us though the sale of our apartment.
It all went very smoothly and it was mostly down to Rosa who dealt with anyth...ing that came up in a very professional manner. Rosa explained all what was happening in English and always returned our calls with any answers to our questions.
Her fees are very very reasonable and we felt we got real value for money, we cannot recommend Rosa enough.she is a throughy nice approachable person.We would not hesitate using Rosa again and have recommended her to other people in majorca.
- Alex Alexandrov, Toronto, CanadaWednesday, October 18, 2017Rosa provided excellent service over and above what I paid for and helped me to resolve the dispute we had in the best possible way.
I would use her service again if needed and would recommend her ...to my friends when time is right.
- Nick Boyd, ScotlandFriday, August 18, 2017Rosa was excellent. Very responsive and proactive throughout the property purchase process. She made it all very simple and stress free.
- JP, IrelandThursday, August 17, 2017From the outset, Rosa clearly explained the services.
Buying a property abroad is a daunting experience but she made it very easy to understand. Anything that Rosa said she would do/carry out was ...done immediately. The whole process was carried out efficiently, effectively and without delays.
Without having met Rosa personally, her whole approach was friendly, professional and helpful. Any questions we had were answered promptly. We would highly recommend Rosa to any prospective clients.
When we finally met Rosa in person, she was lovely. We would have no hesitation in recommending Rosa.
- Michael Tenerife, UKMonday, August 07, 2017Rosa excelled in all of the criteria listed for evaluation.
Extremely responsive, understanding, professional, and offered great value for money. Rosa explained the situation clearly and provided ...the clearest solution every time.
I just can't imagine how Rosa could have done more. Truly excellent service.
- Maya M, CanadaMonday, July 31, 2017My overall experience with Rosa was a positive one.
Value for the money? Yes.
In my opinion, Rosa is a very knowledgeable and professional lawyer, who is able to not only understand the situat...ion at hand, but also suggest different approaches and customized solutions for unique, non-standard situations, which was the case with me.
And for that I am really happy and grateful to have worked with Rosa, and wish her the very best in the future.
- Matt Hardy, Palma de MallorcaSunday, July 30, 2017From the start I found Rosa excellent.
Really helpful, bilingual, quick at getting back to me, punctual, really knows her stuff, and a lovely person to work with.
Would always use her again an...d highly recommend her.
- AK, MallorcaTuesday, July 18, 2017I rate Ms Rosa very highly on all the following: responsiveness, understanding, value for money, ability to explain and provide appropriate legal solutions, approachability and professionalism.
She... is outstanding!
- Jesper Darville, CopenhagenMonday, June 26, 2017From the very beginning, Rosa was extremely accommodating and friendly and seemed truly interested in helping me solve my issue which in this case was in regards to the Spanish commercial law.
Also... worth mentioning, is that Rosa is extremely effective which in the end can be seem on the bottom line.
I can't imagine anyone else but Rosa to handle my legal stuff on Mallorca, she's a keeper!
- N. Gardiner, MijasFriday, June 16, 2017Rosa was value for money, really easy to deal and very efficient. Highly recommend.
- Simon Drury, Porta PollençaTuesday, January 24, 2017Rosa was extremely professional and helpful and made the process of buying a property from the UK very simple.
Not only did she walk us through the Spanish legalities of the purchase but she also ...helped us get our new home set up with utilities, furniture and even a car purchase. Rosa did everything so that when we arrived we could move straight in.
Without Rosa’s help it would have taken us months and months to get through the legal system. I would highly recommend her services.
- Mark Watson, ScotlandWednesday, November 23, 2016Rosa was very professional.
She took time to explain problems and guided us thru a very difficult conveyance.
I would recommend Rosa to anyone that requires advice on selling a property. She is ...very knowledgeable and fair with her charges.
I wished we had her helping us when we bought the property.
- Bart Cuyvers, BelgiumTuesday, November 22, 2016Rosa did a very good job for us. She was helpful, very professional and great to deal with!
- KSC, IrelandTuesday, October 18, 2016She was very helpful, always happy to assist. I was very satisfied with the service.
- Caryn Edwards, WalesMonday, October 17, 2016Rosa is a nice efficient professional. She was extremely helpful, I would definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
Click to Call:
Law and legislation can change over time and therefore it is important to have the knowledge, advice and support in place to avoid potential issues and problems when dealing with your Spanish estate. If you need a trusted and experienced English-speaking lawyer who is expert in the Wills and probate process for English-speakers in Mallorca, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We deal with the entire process, from the drafting of wills – in English and Spanish – through to the transmission of the estate to beneficiaries, including the registration of assets in the relevant registries on behalf of those beneficiaries.
What are the benefits of making a Will in Spain?
Making a Will in Spain that deals with your Spanish assets ensures that your wishes regarding those assets are complied with and avoids the possibility that Spanish law would apply.
A Spanish Will avoids the need for time-consuming legalisation and translation of English documents that could delay payment of inheritance taxes and incur punitive fines. All of the above means that your heirs are able to manage the inherited estate at a lower cost and in a much more straight-forward manner.
What should be included in a Spanish will
In order to ensure that your Spanish Will is fit for purpose it should contain a number of clauses:
- The Will should clearly state that it only applies to Spanish assets and not any other.
- Likewise, Wills made in any other country should state that they refer to assets only in that country to avoid any potential confusion as to which Will applies to which assets.
- The Will should declare that the law of succession in your country of origin is governed by the principle of free and unfettered disposition of private property and assets.
The process for making a will in Spain
The process for making a Will is relatively straightforward:
- Discuss how you wish your assets to be distributed with a lawyer in Spain
- The lawyer will write the content of the Will in accordance with your wishes
- The Will is then formally drawn-up by a public notary,
- An appointment is made with the notary to sign the Will
- The notary will provide you with a copy and notify the central civil registy office of the existence of the Will.
What should you avoid?
You should avoid any Will-writing service that does not provide you with a professional draughtsman.
While there is relative freedom of disposition of assets in Anglo-Saxon legal systems, for a Spanish Will to be effective it must comply with Spanish procedure. This means that it will need to be drawn-up by a notary and should therefore be written in Spanish in order to avoid confusion.
An English-speaking lawyer will be able to advise you on this as well as more complex issues such as the validity of trusts in Spain which could cause problems in certain cases.
Would you like your will to be drawn-up in the most tax-friendly manner?
There are a number of ways that you can minimise the costs of an inheritance and these are incorporated into our Will-making service. The features of the service are as follows:
- You provide the lawyers with the details of the assets that you have in Spain as well as your wishes with regard to how they should be distributed.
- According to your wishes, your Will shall be drawn-up in such a way as to minimise any Succession tax liability in Spain.
- You will be provided with an estimate of the inheritance tax liability so that you can determine in advance whether the Will meets your requirements.
- The Will is drafted in both Spanish and English so that you can confirm that it conforms to your intentions
- The Will is drawn-up in the office of a public notary convenient to you.
- An appointment is made with the public notary to sign the Will and you will receive an official copy while another copy is sent to the central Wills registry in Madrid.
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm is particularly suitable for managing Probate related issues faced by non-residents with assets in Spain, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result. Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of the Balearic Islands.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain. These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.