Contact in Spain
Spain: +34 932 20 44 40
UK: 0800 098 8033
US: +1 415 651 8449

Convert Student Visa to Working Visa in Spain

Ensure your peace of mind - browse client testimonials before selecting a immigration lawyer in Spain.
Client testimonials

"Miguel is very professional, easy to approach with any quiries and very quick to respond in a clear way. He offers great value for money for his expertise and I recommend his services 100%."

Andy Docksey (Jun 16, 2022)
Established more than
10 years ago
Present in 20
European Countries
Over 30,000 client enquiries
successfully managed

Service Details

Convert Student Visa to Working Visa

Available in the following locations: Arrecife, Barcelona, Benidorm, Cadiz, Castellon, Córdoba, El Campello, Estepona, Fuengirola, Gandia, Granada, Jaen, L`Eliana, La Manga del Mar Menor, Las Palmas, Los Alcázares, Los Cristianos, Madrid, Mazarron, Murcia, Orihuela Costa, Oviedo, Palma de Mallorca, Puerto del Rosario, Puzol, Seville, Torrevieja, Valencia, Vigo.

* If your local town is not listed, a lawyer from our nearest office will be happy to assist you.


1Who is this Service for?

A popular option for those who have spent at least three years in Spain in full-time education is to make an application to convert their visa for the purposes of study to one that enables them to reside and work here.

There are effectively two options – to live here and accept an offer of employment or to live here and set-up your own business. The initial visa granted has a duration of one year, renewable.

An interesting alternative, for those who have completed a high level of studies (Masters/PHD level) would be to apply for a one-year visa to search for employment. You will need medical insurance and proof of your ability to support yourself economically for the duration of the visa.

While you are not permitted to work with this type of visa, upon finding suitable work, you may convert the visa to a residency and work visa (as mentioned above).

2What does this service consist of?

  • An initial discussion with lawyers highly experienced in making successful applications for conversions of student visas to residency/work visas
  • Assistance and advice on the documentation required and completing and submitting the forms (all in Spanish only) before stipulated deadlines to ensure the application is approved
  • Advice and assistance with applications on behalf of the worker’s spouse and family (if required)
  • Assistance with obtaining foreign residency cards
Support services

3Free Support Services Included

When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:

  • Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
  • Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
  • Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
  • Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
  • All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
  • Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
  • Continuous quality controls and reviews.

Why choose Advocate Abroad? Message