Contact in Spain
Spain: +34 932 20 44 40
UK: 0800 098 8033
US: +1 415 651 8449

Return Authorization for Visa Holders in Spain

Ensure your peace of mind - browse client testimonials before selecting a immigration lawyer in Spain.
Client testimonials

"Rafael was extremely professional when we approached him in a complete panic over a burofax we received in Spanish from a neighbour. He knew exactly what we should do.

He diffused the situation with his knowledge of the law in Spain. The information has been left on file with him should we ever need to refer back in the future.

Kindest regards
Michael and Olivia Ashmore


Mike And Olivia Ashmore (Mar 20, 2020)
Established more than
10 years ago
Present in 20
European Countries
Over 30,000 client enquiries
successfully managed

Service Details

Return Authorization for Visa Holders

Available in the following locations: Arrecife, Barcelona, Benidorm, Cadiz, Castellon, Córdoba, El Campello, Estepona, Fuengirola, Gandia, Granada, Jaen, L`Eliana, La Manga del Mar Menor, Las Palmas, Los Alcázares, Los Cristianos, Madrid, Mazarron, Murcia, Orihuela Costa, Oviedo, Palma de Mallorca, Puerto del Rosario, Puzol, Seville, Torrevieja, Valencia, Vigo.

* If your local town is not listed, a lawyer from our nearest office will be happy to assist you.


1Who is this Service for?

Visas authorising the applicant to remain in a country have an expiry date. This may be 1 year, 2 years of 5 years from the date of issue of the visa. During that time the person must have a valid residency card.

If you have received an initial visa approval but need to leave the country as a result of some emergency before you have arranged your local residency card you will be unable to return.

Problems can also arise if you need to leave the country in the period when the visa will expire, and you have not yet received your new residency card. Likewise, if your local residency card has been lost or stolen.

Should you find yourself in this situation, it is possible to obtain a ‘Return Authorisation’ from the authorities such that you will be able to take your trip abroad and return, even though you do not have a valid residency card.

Note, for those holding a visa in the European Union do not need a return authorisation to travel to another country in the European Union

2What does this service consist of?

  • An initial discussion with lawyers highly experienced in making successful applications for return authorisations
  • Assistance and advice on the documentation required and completing the forms (all in Spanish only) to ensure the application is approved
  • Appointment made for the application with the local Immigration Department
  • Accompany the applicant to the appointment
Support services

3Free Support Services Included

When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:

  • Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
  • Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
  • Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
  • Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
  • All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
  • Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
  • Continuous quality controls and reviews.

Why choose Advocate Abroad? Message