The process in Portugal for a Golden Visa takes 4 months. To be able to apply for this kind of visa, you will need to do one of the following.
If you are considering applying in Portugal for a Golden Visa, please be aware that the process takes around 4 months. To be able to apply for this kind of visa, you will need to do one of the following:
- Acquire real property worth € 500,000 or more (five hundred thousand euros);
- Acquire real property, the construction of which has been completed for at least 30 years or located in an urban rehabilitation area and rehabilitation of real estate acquired, totaling € 350,000.00 or more (three hundred and fifty thousand euros);
- Transfer capital in an amount equal to or greater than 1 million euros;
- Create at least 10 jobs.
Also, you will need to be able to present the following:
- Valid passport;
- Schengen visa holder, if applicable, and regularize the situation with the SEF within 90 days from the date of first entry into Portugal;
- Criminal record of the country of origin or the country where you have lived for more than one year;
- Declaration authorizing consultation of the Portuguese criminal record;
- Negative debt updated declaration issued by the Tax and Customs Authority and by the social security;
- Declaration, under an honour commitment, by which the applicant certifies that he will fulfill the requirements of the investment activity in national territory;
- Health insurance.
Given the bureaucratic nature of this process, and how easy it is for it to go wrong, we recommend that if you want to apply in Portugal for a Golden Visa, that you get in touch with our experienced English-speaking immigration lawyers in Portugal to discuss the best approach in your case.