Citizenship Application in PortugalSearching for Citizenship Application in Portugal Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Lawyers in Portugal
This service is available across Portugal
Who Is This Service For?
Anyone who does not have the right to reside in Portugal, such as non-EU Citizens, and even those who may reside here legally - such as EU citizens - may consider it preferable to make an application for citizenship.
Citizenship confers the right on the holder to reside and work – not just in Portugal - but in any EU country. Also, citizens have the right to vote as well as the plethora of rights typically conferred on citizens of a country.
You may apply if you find yourself in any of the following groups: where your parents/grandparents are Portuguese, if you have lived legally in the country for a period of 6 years or more (3 years or more if you marry a Portuguese citizen). Portugal permits dual citizenship, so you may retain your existing citisenship
Please note that there do exist some special rules and limitations so you should discuss the matter with an immigration lawyer to make sure you are eligible.
What Does This Service Consist Of?
- Advice and assistance to ensure the applicant has the required documentation and information (according to the basis upon which the application is made - see options above)
- Advice and assistance completing any application forms
- Accompany the applicant before the relevant government offices to process the application
- Arrange for payment of administrative fee
- Liaise with the appropriate government departments until such time as the application is approved and you may pick-up your new Portuguese passport and identity card.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.