Certificate of Divorce in PortugalSearching for Certificate of Divorce in Portugal Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Lawyers in Portugal
Certificate of Divorce
This service is available across Portugal
Who is this service for?
As a result of ever greater migration between countries, and the relationships that can result, and then terminate, there has been an increase in the need for individuals to be able to certify the fact that, while they were previously married in another country, that they are now divorced. The original divorce decree will be sufficient only in the country where the divorce proceedings took place. In order for the divorce to be given effect to in another country, it is necessary to go through further procedures depending on where the divorce took place and where the individual needs to verify it.
What does this service consist of?
- An Initial discussion with a specialist lawyer to understand the current situation
- Based on the initial information you provide, the lawyer will be able to determine which documentation you require
- Obtain a copy of the divorce decree from the appropriate Court and request a Certificate from the Court that will be valid in any other EU state.
- If the divorce needs to be validated in a non-EU state, the particular country will have its own rules regarding recognition of foreign divorces. In such cases, your lawyer can arrange for a copy of the original Court Decree, duly Apostilled and translated.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.