Reaching a fair and just agreement – wherever possible – between the spouses should be the primary obligation of any Family Lawyer according to Francisco, who is a managing partner at this law firm.
“We see clients regularly from a wide range of countries and so we are only too well aware of the potential for people to mistakenly assume that the options here in Spain are the same as in their home country. Of course, if at all possible we seek to reach an amicable and equitable agreement as soon as possible by using the fast-track, lower-cost options afforded by the 2005 amendments to the Spanish Civil Code.
However we must also be realistic and accept that it is not always possible to reach an agreement and a contentious approach is the only option. Our experience has been that, regardless of the proceedings that we face, our clients value receiving timely updates on progress as well as clear explanations on Spanish law and how it affects them.”
What services will your lawyer offer?
Your lawyer will be able to offer any of the following services:
• Filing of the divorce petition to the Spanish Courts
• Formal legal response upon receipt of a petition for divorce
• Negotiation of all terms of the divorce settlement
• Drafting of the divorce agreement
• Division and distribution of Matrimonial Assets
What issues will your lawyer address?
Your experienced family lawyer will advise you on the following issues as required:
• Custody of the children
• Visitation rights of the non-custodial parent
• The ‘Patria Potestad’ or Exercise of parental authority
• Child support payments
• Alimony or spousal maintenance
• Distribution of the matrimonial assets
• Use and enjoyment of the marital home
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Barcelona.
Innovative Support Services
By choosing a lawyer on the Advocate Abroad network you will benefit from additional protection afforded by our innovative support services that are included free of charge. These support services include:
1. Verification that your lawyer is Law Society registered and regulated.
2. Fees set within the parameters established by the relevant Law Societies.
3. Legal fees specified in advance.
4. Services to be provided in accordance with up-front service agreement.
5. Assurance that all lawyers possess professional indemnity insurance.
6. Lawyers’ standards of English reviewed individually by myAdvcocate Spain.
7. Continuous quality controls and reviews.
8. Low cost legalisation service.