- CarlosCarlos is a highly qualified and experienced bilingual lawyer with dual US and Spanish citizenship. He has obtained batchelor and masters degrees via attendance at a number of prestigious universities including the Universities of Navarra, Leiden and Cambridge, The Hague Academy of International Law, Holland and the IESE Business School in Barcelona. Carlos specialises in the following areas: International Law, Company Law, Civil Law (Property/Family Matters), Administrative Law and his firm provides accounting services.
- FedericoFederico has practiced law since 1993. He specialises in the following legal fields: Criminal law including Extraditions, Family law, Probate, Bankruptcy & Debt Recovery, International law, Commercial law, He speaks the following languages fluently: English, German, French, Spanish
- AndresGraduated from the best Law School in Spain, Andrés later studied a Legal Advice Masters programme at the Carlos III University of Madrid. After that, the last years he has been working for international corporations from the United States, United Kingdom, China, UAE, Qatar or Thailand, among others. He speaks English fluently.
Below is a list of recent client testimonials received from previous clients, obtained via Wufoo client survey platform:
- Yuka Mizota Lockey, Kent, UkMonday, January 22, 2018Olga responded promptly and efficiently. She was accommodating in terms of arranging meetings. She was really knowledgeable, diplomatic when dealing with our estate agents and was dedicated to our int...erests.
All my family found Olga very approachable, professional and we were grateful to have someone who could explain and guide us through a process that is foreign to us.
- Tomas M, Czech RepublicMonday, November 27, 2017My lawyer Marcos had sufficient English and couldn't have done more to help. I would definitely use his services again.
- C.H.N., DubaiMonday, October 09, 2017Very professional and understanding, and also the response rate was very quick. I have had bad experiences with requiring English services in Spain, however, Olga did an excellent job in translating m...y needs and voicing them legally.
- Mehdi Karimkhanzand, IranMonday, September 25, 2017My lawyer Maria was skilled enough to do her duty, very kind and professional with all following factors: responsiveness, understanding, value for money, ability to explain and provide appropriate leg...al solutions, approach ability and professionalism
- Lorne Inglis, MadridFriday, September 01, 2017Olga was very helpful and knowledgeable.
- BD, IrelandThursday, July 20, 2017Olga was very responsive,she did the job in a very efficient and fast way and we could have not received a better service. Highly recommended!
- C O'L, MadridTuesday, July 11, 2017Olga was extremely helpful and professional. She was always on hand to answer questions and went above and beyond to provide excellent service.
Her services were great value for money and I would d...efinitely look to Olga for help in the future. An absolute pleasure working with such a well organized, kind and professional lawyer.
- Carlos Pelaez, LondonTuesday, July 11, 2017Olga was awsome! she was quite helpfull at all times, either on the phone or emails or whatsapp, friendly and her english was perfect, i'd give a 100% rate to her service, thanks a lot.
- Carlos Pelaez, LondonMonday, July 03, 2017She was friendly and attentive at all times, quick answers on whatsapp app and always up to help and answer my questions. I'm pretty satisfied with her service.
- Mal Kelley, Perth WesternFriday, March 10, 2017Prompt and efficient , reasonable value for the work done, very approachable and personable and that is important when so far away.
My lawyer was Maria, I would highly recommend her to anyone wanti...ng representation in Europe.
- Marina Ristic, LondonMonday, November 28, 2016Olga was responsive, understood the case and gave the right advice.
- Zack Ratn, LondonTuesday, October 18, 2016Olga is always available, knows the legal side perfectly as well as how to make things happen in Spain.
Olga’s personal charm and sophistication combined with legal knowledge makes her by far the... best lawyer I have ever worked with.
- Caroline Jenner, UKFriday, July 01, 2016Olga was excellent in every way – she kept in touch with us, attended court late in the evening, explained everything, and went out of her way to help.
- Oliver, MadridTuesday, June 21, 2016I was very satisfied with David. He was very helpful and always happy to assist and I will use his services again in the future.
- Sandy McCreery, LondonTuesday, June 14, 2016It was a pleasure to have David oversee our property purchase; we always felt we were in safe hands.
David was quick to research any unfamiliar questions, and gave good advice in relation to the co...ntract and the Spanish way of doing things. But most of all he was enthusiastic, approachable and engaging.
- Nasser MG, MadridFriday, September 25, 2015David was very helpful, always happy to assist. His English was more or less fluent. I was very satisfied with the service and would definitely use this lawyer again.
- R P Jamieson, MadridThursday, September 24, 2015David was very professional, available, researched well the subject and very helpful advice. Extremely happy to have made contact. Will use his services again in the future.
- Antonina Hales, ZaragozaTuesday, September 22, 2015We contacted this law firm on several occasions with different questions (immigration, work contracts, rent of property, purchase of property) and they could always give us a thorough answer to our qu...estions.
The lawyers provided us all necessary information and helped us to choose the best solution. They were very attentive and helpful. As we don’t speak Spanish, they accompanied us to all government offices.
- CL, PennsylvaniaThursday, June 25, 2015Francisco did a great job of helping us through a process which required his diligence in order to be successful. He worked hard on our behalf and we appreciated his determination.
- Neil Webster, The Ninja Corp UKFriday, June 19, 2015Very helpful and quick to respond to our requests and processes everything very efficiently. We would definitely use this law firm’s service again.
- Osman Bakri, UAE BARQTuesday, March 10, 2015Our lawyer Francisco was very helpful , he didn’t spare any effort in fulfilling his duties which helped us reach our goal. We would definitely use his services again.
- SBH, CalongeTuesday, January 06, 2015Friendly and very efficient. Took care and attention to my requests and worked in my best interests. Very good value for money.
I felt that I could trust my lawyer which is very important to everyo...ne. I am extremely happy to have chosen him and would definitely want to use his services again should I need to.
- Eldina Sator SydneyMonday, November 17, 2014I am very satisfied with the services provided. The firm was very responsive and dealt with my issue very capably. The legal solutions provided were very suitable and exactly what I was looking for, f...urther the lawyer was very approachable and friendly.
I would definitely use this lawyer again.
- Oliver Clarke, DubaiThursday, September 04, 2014Our lawyer was bilingual and extremely helpful – he couldn’t have done more for us. We were very satisfied with the service provided and would definitely use this lawyer again in the future.
- Trevor Taylor, EnglandFriday, August 22, 2014I was put at my ease straight away, never hiring a Spanish lawyer before, I was cautious, but Francisco guided me through the process effortlessly.I thought my case would be tricky and I on my own wou...ld never have completed without him. He was a star.
I have recommended him to some friends of mine who want to sell their business. As for value for money, he was spot on, and very approachable .Full marks from me.
If you are planning for the future we also offer a robust Wills drafting service that will cover each and every contingency so that you may be assured that your Spanish assets will be distributed according to your wishes, in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
What are the benefits of making a Will in Spain?
Making a Will in Spain that deals with your Spanish assets ensures that your wishes regarding those assets are complied with and avoids the possibility that Spanish law would apply.
A Spanish Will avoids the need for time-consuming legalisation and translation of English documents that could delay payment of inheritance taxes and incur punitive fines. All of the above means that your heirs are able to manage the inherited estate at a lower cost and in a much more straight-forward manner.
What should be included in a Spanish will
In order to ensure that your Spanish Will is fit for purpose it should contain a number of clauses:
- The Will should clearly state that it only applies to Spanish assets and not any other.
- Likewise, Wills made in any other country should state that they refer to assets only in that country to avoid any potential confusion as to which Will applies to which assets.
- The Will should declare that the law of succession in your country of origin is governed by the principle of free and unfettered disposition of private property and assets.
The process for making a will in Spain
The process for making a Will is relatively straightforward:
- Discuss how you wish your assets to be distributed with a lawyer in Spain
- The lawyer will write the content of the Will in accordance with your wishes
- The Will is then formally drawn-up by a public notary,
- An appointment is made with the notary to sign the Will
- The notary will provide you with a copy and notify the central civil registy office of the existence of the Will.
What should you avoid?
You should avoid any Will-writing service that does not provide you with a professional draughtsman.
While there is relative freedom of disposition of assets in Anglo-Saxon legal systems, for a Spanish Will to be effective it must comply with Spanish procedure. This means that it will need to be drawn-up by a notary and should therefore be written in Spanish in order to avoid confusion.
An English-speaking lawyer will be able to advise you on this as well as more complex issues such as the validity of trusts in Spain which could cause problems in certain cases.
Would you like your will to be drawn-up in the most tax-friendly manner?
There are a number of ways that you can minimise the costs of an inheritance and these are incorporated into our Will-making service. The features of the service are as follows:
- You provide the lawyers with the details of the assets that you have in Spain as well as your wishes with regard to how they should be distributed.
- According to your wishes, your Will shall be drawn-up in such a way as to minimise any Succession tax liability in Spain.
- You will be provided with an estimate of the inheritance tax liability so that you can determine in advance whether the Will meets your requirements.
- The Will is drafted in both Spanish and English so that you can confirm that it conforms to your intentions
- The Will is drawn-up in the office of a public notary convenient to you.
- An appointment is made with the public notary to sign the Will and you will receive an official copy while another copy is sent to the central Wills registry in Madrid.
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm is particularly suitable for managing Probate related issues faced by non-residents with assets in Spain, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result. Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Madrid.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain. These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.