Perhaps a result of the proximity of Brexit, the numbers choosing a relocation to Spain seem to be climbing. Another factor could be the tendency for more of us to opt for self-employment and the fact that a much higher proportion of such businesses may be run remotely, from any location with a decent broadband service.
Moving to a new country can be a stressful experience, especially if you do not speak the language. In order to avoid mishaps we highly recommend you to seek advice from a local lawyer, who can advise on and manage the bureaucracy and paperwork you will face when relocating to Spain.
Relocation to Spain may also be part of a bigger trend of companies to locate personnel in an increasing number of international markets. Relocation to Spain is now a commonplace requirement for any international company, while individuals also seek worldwide job opportunities.
If you are considering relocating to Spain or are responsible for relocating an employee here, Advocate Abroad can ensure that the transition is smooth, hassle-free and efficient, allowing you to concentrate on your business immediately, with minimum down-time.
Relocation involves much more than finding a home, that’s why finding a good affordable package can help you with a smooth transition for both you and your family. After completion of a questionnaire to determine your exact housing requirements and needs we will help you to:
- Find the right home, arranging different accompanied visits to several properties in a pre-move visit where you can choose your home – photographs of which you would have been able to view in advance.
- Facilitate communication with agents and property owners, assisting in the negotiation of the rental price and terms of the lease contract.
- Inspect the check-in process and departure assistance, making sure all utilities and services are cancelled and checking the termination of contracts at the end of the stay.
- Arrange gas, electricity, water, telephone/ internet connections.
- Arrange possible housekeeping, emergency visits of electricians, plumbers or other technicians.
- Obtain residence permits, work authorizations, visas, registrations at the consular office, social security, setting up of bank accounts.
- Tourist information and culture program offering a list of private and public entities for language courses and cultural activities.
- Assistance with tax and fiscal matters.
- School search for your children giving wide options of state, private, British or international schools.
- Legal assistance if you want to buy a property.
- Any other requirements that could arise upon request.