Contact in Spain
Spain: +34 932 20 44 40
UK: 0800 098 8033
US: +1 415 651 8449

Study/Research Visa Application in Spain

Ensure your peace of mind - browse client testimonials before selecting a immigration lawyer in Spain.
Client testimonials

"Very helpful and responsive.

Would highly recomend to others looking to secure a visa in Spain."

Marina Hall (Nov 15, 2021)
Established more than
10 years ago
Present in 20
European Countries
Over 30,000 client enquiries
successfully managed

Service Details

Study/Research Visa Application

Available in the following locations: Arrecife, Barcelona, Benidorm, Cadiz, Castellon, Córdoba, El Campello, Estepona, Fuengirola, Gandia, Granada, Jaen, L`Eliana, La Manga del Mar Menor, Las Palmas, Los Alcázares, Los Cristianos, Madrid, Mazarron, Murcia, Orihuela Costa, Oviedo, Palma de Mallorca, Puerto del Rosario, Puzol, Seville, Torrevieja, Valencia, Vigo.

* If your local town is not listed, a lawyer from our nearest office will be happy to assist you.


1Who is this Service for?

If you are not a citizen of an EU state, you must apply for a visa if your period of study will be greater than 3 months long – that being the period of time you are entitled to stay in Spain under a regular tourism visa (such tourism visas being included in a passport from any country exempted from the requirement to present a Visa when entering the country).

For those wishing to study for between 3-6 months, or for longer than 6 months, a Visa (type D) is required.

Once the visa has been obtained – at the appropriate Spanish consulate in your country of residence - the student/researcher must furthermore obtain a TIE Residency Card for Students within 30 days of arriving in Spain.

2What does this service consist of?

  • An initial discussion with lawyers highly experienced in making successful applications for a Visa Type D (Students & Researchers)
  • Your lawyer will be able to provide you with detailed information on how to make the application via your local Spanish Consulate,
  • Assistance and advice on completing the forms (all in Spanish only) to ensure the application is approved
  • Assistance with arranging approved health insurance
  • Assistance upon arrival to obtain the Student Residency Card
Support services

3Free Support Services Included

When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:

  • Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
  • Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
  • Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
  • Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
  • All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
  • Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
  • Continuous quality controls and reviews.

Why choose Advocate Abroad? Message